What is the hidden cost of non-compliance?
Employers and organisations are often faced with managing a challenging workforce in an increasingly complex legal environment. The hidden cost of a failure to tackle such challenges cannot be overstated. The partner-led team at CC Solicitors is highly skilled in providing strategic and legally sound advice to resolve employment disputes. The team is adept at identifying a clear pathway for their clients to allow their businesses to proceed safely and manage their staff with confidence. To avoid disputes or issues occurring in the first instance, we also guide businesses on their employment law and HR requirements, ensuring compliance with regulatory changes.
How do we assist with compliance?
- Guide employers on employment regulation and provide high quality strategic advice on workplace disputes and issues
- Provide HR professionals and in-house Counsel with specialist advice on handling complex contractual issues relating to remuneration and post termination restrictions
- Review and draft contracts of employment, staff handbooks, policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance
- Guide and provide step plans on individual or collective redundancy programmes
- Provide commercial and legal advice on the sale of businesses including on TUPE and draft notification letters and step plans
- Advise on and act as independent investigators
- Act as independent and impartial mediators
- Advise on staff conduct and performance issues and devise plans for lawful dismissals and negotiate and advise on exit arrangements, including draft settlement agreements.
- Defend employment claims for unfair dismissals, discrimination, bullying, harassment, breach of contract and work-related stress complaints
- Assist with dispute resolution and advise on settlement of employment disputes, provide mediation, conduct internal inquiries and advise on disciplinary hearings
- Provide HR support and guidance on how to conduct disciplinary proceedings
- Advise on gender pay gap issues, equality, equal pay and retirement age claims
- Review and compile GDPR and employee access requests