Navigating the complexities of industrial relations law
Industrial relations can be very complex with various stakeholders and regulations impacting collective bargaining, trade disputes and industrial action. Our partner-led team are experienced advisers to unions and employers on industrial relations matters and have a deep understanding of the complexities of industrial relations legislation and issues. The team also advise on internal union investigations between staff and members and provide interpretation and drafting of constitutional Rule Books.
How we assist organisations in industrial disputes
- Counsel employers and unions on the legal parameters of trade disputes and lawful industrial action
- Advise on collective bargaining, union recognition disputes and referral of IR disputes for conciliation
- Advise on internal union investigations for staff and members, advice on Rule Book interpretation and constitutional issues
- Represent clients in disputes in the Labour Court and Labour Relations Commission
- Represent clients in litigation and provide strategic advice in relation to collective redundancies, bonus, pay awards and union recognition